- What are the requirements in applying for a Red Ribbon franchise?
The applicant is required to submit the following:
- Letter of Intent (indicate exact address of proposed site)
- Vicinity Map of Proposed Site (include building perspective if available)
- Location map of proposed site (online maps are preferred)
- Dimension and layout of the site in sqm.
- Site pictures (clear copies)
- Proposed site should be at least 50 sqm.
- Accomplished Red Ribbon Application Forms through the Online Franchise Application Portal (https://franchising.jfc.com.ph/)
- Can I still apply if I don’t have a proposed site for a store?
A proposed site is a requirement in applying fo a Red Ribbon franchise.
- How much capitalization is required to franchise a Red Ribbon Bakeshop?
The capital needed ranges from P 5M to P 6M, depending on the final store size and facilities. This includes the following:
- Initial Set-Up Fee
- Pre-opening Expenses
- Hiring and Training of Store Team
- How long is the life of the franchise term?
Five (5) years.
- How much is the Royalty and Advertising Fee?
Royalty Fee is 7% and Advertising Fee is 3% of monthly of gross sales.
- How much is your Initial Set-up Fee and when do you require it to be paid?
The initial Set-up fee is Php 600,000.00 (12% VAT excluded) and required upon receipt of the Franchise Grant.
- What type of training is available to a franchisee prior to opening of the bakeshop?
The Franchisee and franchisee’s store team are required to successfully complete the Basic Operations Training Program (BOTP) at a designated duration and training store. This includes blended learning methodology such as classroom sessions and store immersion to reinforce the learning process. Additional training and support are provided on a case-to-case basis.
- How long is the Return on Investment (ROI)?
The ROI depends on several factors such as sales, market potential, investment and ability of the Franchisee to manage the overall operations of the store. Other questions on financial viability will be discussed once the site is approved.
- Who will provide the manpower to operate the store?
The Franchisee is responsible for providing the manpower to operate the store. Red Ribbon will assist in the screening and training process. The store team will be employees of the Franchisee and the Franchisee will be responsible for their salaries and benefits.
- The aforementioned information is subject to change without prior notice.
- For other inquiries and clarifications, please coordinate with our Franchising Department through the following:
- Contact person: Ms. Brigette Z. Delizo
- Landline: +02 8 982 5000 local 4152/4225
- E-mail: [email protected]